June 1st update: Our current operating status
Black Mountain Bicycles holds the health and well being of our customers, and that of our employees and their families as our highest concern. We also believe that it is essential to flatten the curve by fighting the COVID-19 virus through minimized contact, and social distancing protocals. Therefore we are only allowing up to three customers or families at a time to enter the store and trying to process sales and transactions as efficeintly as possible to minimize wait times. Our current store hours are Wednesday thru Friday 11pm - 6pm, Saturday 11am-5pm, and we are closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Additionally, due to the high volume of bikes in for service we request that all service work be schedule ahead by phone so we can appropriately allocate space and time for repairs. The current lead time for service work is 7 to 10 days. We are checking in all service work exclusively through a curbside check in process. Please call our service department at 858-566-0710 option 2 to set appointment, or send an email with phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will return call as time allows. We would like to thank our customers for the overwhelming support and business that we've received during the past two months.
March 22nd update:
In response to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking actions to help keep our customers and our employees as safe as possible. Therefore, at this time we feel it's in the best interest of our staff, and our customers, to limit the number of customers in the store at any given time to better handle social distancing. Please don't be offended when we ask you to wait to enter the store or stand a safe distance away to respect the six foot distancing rule. This is an awkward time, but we feel that this is absolutely the best thing for us to do, and still allow us to serve our customers in the safest manner possible.
We encourage you to use our website for purchasing. You can purchase anything in our store through our site and schedule in-store or curbside delivery - please just call the store ahead of time, and put a Note on your online order.
If you order your bike online it will also allow us to do the assembly, tune-it, and have it 100% ready for pickup when you arrive, minimize wait time, and we'll bring it out to your car if you desire. Again, call us ahead of time to let us know. Please note that online purchases will take time to prepare. We will let you know once it's ready for pickup.
Repairs: we are doing the best we can to keep up with the recent increase in demand. Our staff is operating on flex schedules, working hard to complete existing repairs. You will be notified when your repair is completed. We are checking in service work exclusively through a curbside check in process. Walk-in repairs will also be required to adhere to the curbside check in process at the door.
We deeply apologize for these inconveniences, but we hope that you understand we are doing our best to serve our community, accommodate our staff, and safely operate our business during this challenging time.
To the Black Mountain Bicycles community:
The health and safety of our employees and customers is our highest priority as the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold. Here's what our “new normal” looks like for the time being:
- Our store hours will be shortened to allow for flex shifts for our employees, allowing them to work in smaller groups, and help with social distancing between staff and our customers. Our new hours will be as follows: Wednesday through Friday 11am-6pm, Saturday 11am-5pm.
- We will do everything we can to keep orders and repairs on schedule, but due to the current circumstances we all may experience some unexpected delays. We sincerely apologize in advance, but please understand we are doing our best.
- We will monitor and closely follow state and federal guidelines regarding human contact. Should these guideline change, we will adjust our operations accordingly.
- We are regularly disinfecting our restrooms, counters, door handles, water fountains and other commonly touched surfaces in the stores. We are currently not allowing test rides or demos.
- We are wearing protective gloves and sanitizing before and after helping each person. In the spirit of social distancing, we are keeping six feet of space between each other.
- We have curbside service available for any customer who prefers not to come into the store. If you have a repair or an online purchase to pick up, you are welcome to pull into our parking lot and CALL US on your phone. One of our team members will pick up or deliver your item(s) to your vehicle.
- Nearly everything we sell can be viewed and purchased on our online catalog and scheduled for curbside/instore pick up. We highly recommend this option.
- We have altered employee work schedules to help minimize the number of people in our stores at one time. Some of our technicians will be working during non-business hours to help stay caught up with an increase in demand we've seen across our Sales and Service departments recently. Because of these adjustments you may encounter delays. We are doing everything we can to keep these delays to a minimum.
- We will continue to post updates online as needed.
Thank you for understanding,
Bryan Whitbeck / Owner
Black Mountain Bicycles