March 26th update on our current operating status:
Black Mountain Bicycles holds the health and well being of our customers, and that of our employees and their families as our highest concern. We also believe that it is essential to flatten the curve by fighting the COVID-19 virus through minimized contact, and social distancing protocals. Therefore, moving forward our store hours will be limited to Wednesday - Saturday 12pm - 5pm, and we will be closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Additionally, we are checking in service work exclusively through a curbside check in process. Please call service department at 858-566-0710 option 2 to set appointment, and speed up the check in process. We thank our customers for the overwhelming support that we've received during this challenging time.
March 22nd update on our current operating status:
In response to the COVID-19 situation, we are taking actions to help keep our customers and our employees as safe as possible. Therefore, at this time we feel it's in the best interest of our staff, and our customers, to limit the number of customers in the store at any given time to better handle social distancing. Please don't be offended when we ask you to wait to enter the store or stand a safe distance away to respect the six foot distancing rule. This is an awkward time, but we feel that this is absolutely the best thing for us to do, and still allow us to serve our customers in the safest manner possible.
As a reminder, our store hours are now Wednesday - Saturday 12pm-5pm. We may have to make last minute decisions to alter these plans so please check latest updates on our homepage to be certain we are open.
We encourage you to use our website for purchasing. You can purchase anything in our store through our site and schedule in-store or curbside delivery - please just call the store ahead of time, and put a Note on your online order.
If you order your bike online that will also allow us to do the assembly, tune-it, and have it 100% ready for pickup when you arrive-no wait time, and we'll bring it out to your car if you desire. Again, call us ahead of time to let us know. Please note that online purchases will take time to prepare. We will let you know once it's ready for pickup.
Repairs: we are doing the best we can to keep up with the recent increase in demand. Our staff is operating on flex schedules, working hard to complete existing repairs. You will be notified when your repair is completed. We are checking in service work exclusively through a curbside check in process. Walk-in repairs will also be required to adhere to the curbside check in process at the door.
We deeply apologize for these inconveniences, but we hope that you understand we are doing our best to serve our community, accommodate our staff, and safely operate our business during this challenging time.
To the Black Mountain Bicycles community:
The health and safety of our employees and customers is our highest priority as the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold. Here's what our “new normal” looks like for the time being:
- Our store hours will be shortened to allow for flex shifts for our employees, allowing them to work in smaller groups, and help with social distancing between staff and our customers. Our new hours will be as follows: Wednesday through Saturday we will be open from 12-5.
- We will do everything we can to keep orders and repairs on schedule, but due to the current circumstances we all may experience some unexpected delays. We sincerely apologize in advance, but please understand we are doing our best.
- We will monitor and closely follow state and federal guidelines regarding human contact. Should these guideline change, we will adjust our operations accordingly.
- We are regularly disinfecting our restrooms, counters, door handles, water fountains and other commonly touched surfaces in the stores. We are currently not allowing test rides or demos.
- We are wearing protective gloves and sanitizing before and after helping each person. In the spirit of social distancing, we are keeping six feet of space between each other.
- We have curbside service available for any customer who prefers not to come into the store. If you have a repair or an online purchase to pick up, you are welcome to pull into our parking lot and CALL US on your phone. One of our team members will pick up or deliver your item(s) to your vehicle.
- Nearly everything we sell can be viewed and purchased on our online catalog and scheduled for curbside/instore pick up. We highly recommend this option.
- We have altered employee work schedules to help minimize the number of people in our stores at one time. Some of our technicians will be working during non-business hours to help stay caught up with an increase in demand we've seen across our Sales and Service departments recently. Because of these adjustments you may encounter delays. We are doing everything we can to keep these delays to a minimum.
- We will continue to post updates online as needed.
Thank you for understanding,
Bryan Whitbeck / Owner
Black Mountain Bicycles